Friday, September 25, 2009

September 14, 2009 - Seared Tuna and Cantonese Style Snapper

Appetizer course started out with a couple of small tuna steaks marinated in soy sauce, sake and sesame oil. These are just seared in a cast iron pan and then I serve them with Mache (little hat over the "a"). I got introduced to this nutty green by my friend Martin Trudelle. I usually just toss it in a bit of rice wine vinegar, oil and sugar. It is definitely the go-to green accompaniment for tuna. Only seem to be able to get it at Whole Foods.

A Daiginjo sake waits to be sipped in the background.

Also found NZ pink snapper at Whole Foods and decided to go for the Cantonese Style steamed fish. This is one of my favorite preps for a mild white fish. Steamed with some ginger and then covered in ginger-infused soy, cilantro and green onions (soaked in ice water to make it curly).


I had eggplant in the fridge to use up so lightly salted this up and stir-fryed it in spicy Szechuan red bean sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment