Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 9, 2009 - Fresh Tomato and Chicken Pasta with Blue Cheese Bacon Salad

This was another quick, week-night creation based on what was available at the time. Had some organic cherry tomatoes and a bunch of fresh basil from the farmers market that I based this around. Was just going to do a simple basil, tomato, garlic, olive oil dressing for the pasta but decided to get some protein by shredding some roasted chicken breast in as well. This is actually very similar to a pasta on the menu at Bloom that I often order for lunch sans pine nuts.

Also had some beautiful curly leaf green lettuce from the market. It reminded me of the lettuce in these salads in Munich at these lunch places we used to go to. They would always have some type of creamy dressing with them. I have a recipe somewhere for a dressing that is chipotle and adobo sauce/lime/yogurt/sour cream and maple syrup. I substituted Red Hot for the chipotle since I didn't feel like opening up a whole can of chipotles and honey for the maple syrup because I didn't feel like going out to the garage to get the pipe wrench to get the lid off of the maple syrup can. Laziness is the mother of invention... Added some bacon and crumbled blue cheese and was off to the races.

Wine was one of the house specials right now: Grenache from Barossa Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment