Chopped Salad: Taken from a recipe found in Edible Hawaiian Islands magazine while on vacation in Kauai. An anything-goes fresh vegetable salad from a Spanish restuaurant called Barracuda(?) in Hanalei. Basically you take anything that is fresh and chop it up fine and toss it with dressing. Very crispy things you blanch slightly. Bought the rings for forming the salad online from Sur La Table.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Retro! - Chopped Salad & Grilled Halibut with Mustard Sauce
There are a few pics I have from recent meals (last two weeks) that I thought I would put up here as well.
The halibut is plain and simple: salt, pepper and olive oil then fish meets hot cast iron skillet. The mustard sauce is inspired from a recipe in The French Laundry Cookbook and taken from carolcookseller's blog French Laundry at Home. The veggies are chosen to make the plate colorful more than anything else. Kind of stop light colors with the red, yellow and green I guess. Asparagus has a shaving of parmigiano reggiano on top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment