Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 7, 2009 - Seared Scallops and Pasta with Greens

I will start out by saying that I wasn't terribly impressed by how this meal came together. That said it ended up being very tasty. I was suspect of it right until the end. The best way to describe this is you look in the fridge and take out everything that needs used up and figure out what to do with it. I used a pre-mix citrus and lavender spice rub on the scallops and I got the idea for the pasta from a Bon Apetit article about Kale (instead I used fresh beet greens). I really wanted capellini or angel hair for the pasta but didn't have any so only had whole-grain rotini which I don't really enjoy with a light style sauce.


So after all that complaining everything was actually very tasty. Parmigiano took the pasta over the top and I did a light tomato ceviche to balance the scallops. As for the wine...I am embarassed to say that I didn't have any or don't remember :-(.


No comments:

Post a Comment