Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Anniversary Dinner! - Butter Poached Lobster, Wild Rice


Ok I am getting a little uninventive but damn butter poached lobster is good and for some reason I have been able to find these 4oz lobster tails for 4 bucks a piece. There is no such thing as too much of a good thing when it comes to lobster.

I just boiled some wild rice to go under this which is honestly better in soups than in a prep like this. In the last post on the lobster stock - veal reduction I didn't really mention where the idea came from. I had dinner at The Kitchen Restaurant in Sacramento a while ago which is honestly the most amazing dining experience I have ever had. One of the courses had a sauce like this and I thought it was an odd combination but was incredibly rich and delicious. Veal stock has the reputation of adding richness without adding overpowering flavor. Since I didn't have lobster stock I made a quick lobster stock from the shells of the lobster tails and reduced it down and then added some veal glace that I bought from Marczyck's in Denver. Combined, whisked some butter in and voila. This is definitely a standard for the repertoire.

Champagne to go with the meal is a Laurent Perrier "La Cuvee". I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment