
Asparagus Bisque with Lemon Foam - my first foray into a bit of molecular product. Used Soy Lecithin to produce a stable foam to top the dish. The soup was just asparagus, potato and onion with chicken stock then pureed and strained to make a light bisque. The lemon foam was actually a very good tang and contrast with this so will definitely do it again. The lecithin granules did not dissolve as I expected so I will need to experiment a bit with getting this to dissolve or buy some liquid lecithin.
Mussels with Belgian Ale, Fennel and Lemon Zest - No picture but this is one of the best mussel preparations I have done. Sauteed onion and Fennel, added some lemon zest and a Hoegaarden white Ale and a bit of cream and steamed the mussels in this. All mopped up with a bit of baguette.

Braised Lamb Shanks with Pan-seared Monkfish: The lamb shanks were braised for 6-8 hours. I didn't really keep track but it was partly overnight and then some. Au jus sauce is the reduced braising liquid with some red wine and port added. I have never cooked with monkfish before this. Very rich in taste and cut a fillet into medallions, dredged with flour and then pan fried in butter. I topped this with some sauteed mushrooms that I had to use up as well.
Check the next post for the dessert dish since I forgot to take a picture again!
No comments:
Post a Comment