Monday, November 2, 2009

October 17, 2009: Guanciale Carbonara & Tres Leches




Per the previous post I bought "guanciale" which is cured pork jowels at Marczyck's as well. This is one of these items which I just buy because I have never heard of it and thanks to the internet I can figure out what to make. Adventurous? Kind of.

Since the previous post was halibut cheeks and this is pig cheeks I now dub this "Cheek Weekend"! Just in time for Shan's birthday today. The guanciale is very salty so must be used sparingly. I also added diced chorizo into the sauce as well. This is a simple Carbonara with those meats and I used some parsely and pecorino chees for this. Had a PHENOMENOL 1999 Gran Riserva Rioja with this meal.





Coconut Tres Leches Cake:
This is the GO-TO dessert recipe for a lot of delicious goodness. This is a straight-forward, simple but decadent and addictive dessert. Starts with a simple white cake and then marinated (for lack of a better term) with coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, rum and evaporated milk. Topping it off is whipped cream and toasted coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment