Cornish Game Hens are something that we always had as kids and I remember when we were in New Zealand, no one had a clue what they were. My dad got me hooked on de-boning poultry and after you have done this with quail and small-birds, it is hard to go back. I can probablyl de-bone a game hen in about 10 min now. I actually used to time this between periods during the NHL games. The other nice thing is that you have all of the bones to do a quick stock and sauce with.
Normally I truss up the birds and BBQ them. This is kind of painful and doesn't work very well so I decided to sandwich two of them together and then I used another cast iron pan to help flatten them out. Bricks wrapped in tin foil would work as well.. I took the stock and reduced it and added some mustard and spice. Brussel sprouts are sauteed with our famous pork jowels from the previous posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment