I had tons of the lobster stock left so the bisque was pretty quick and easy to do. Roasted corn seems to be paired with lobster quite often as I would assume the sweetness in complementary to the rich flavor of lobster. I was actually hoping that I could get the corn to float on top but it just sank to the bottom so I served a little on the side entirely for the purposes of the picture.


"Traffic Light" Heirloom Tomato Salad:
I love the visual look of this. There only seems to be a couple months that I can get heirloom tomatoes and I always try to do this in late summer. The tomatoes have olive oil and balsamic reduction, fleur de sel and ground pepper. I wanted to do a basil infused oil but didn't have basil and couldn't be bothered to go to the store.
Braised Pork Belly with Braised Red Cabbage and Sunchoke Puree:
The pork belly was cured for an hour with salt and then braised in a liquid that had a touch of asian flair with ginger and star anise. I then let it cool in the liquid, strained and reduced the liquid and quick seared the fat to crisp it up. The red cabbage was marinated in red wine and then cooked with the wine and a bit of the pork liquid until it carmelized. Sunchokes aka jerusalem artichokes are the tubers of sunflowers and oddly enough...taste like artichoke.
No comments:
Post a Comment