Lamb is marinated in a spice mix that consisted of cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cloves, cardamom seeds and salt and pepper all roasted and ground.
The Harissa was a subset of that spice mix but with garlic and chili peppers mixed in. I am sure there is something else but I am a week late posting this.
The couscous is pretty straightforward and just has some chopped almonds, parsely and zante currants mixed in. I plated the harissa on top of the couscous since it looked a little too much like an oil storage container in the cylinder without any garnish.
I slightly steamed the carrots and then sautéed with Moroccan spice and a touch of honey. The fingerling potatoes are just roasted. They kind of look like the leftover sausages from a Holiday Inn Express breakfast buffet in the pictures but oh well.
I need to remember to include the wine bottle in the pics so I can remember what we had! I think we ended up having a Ribera del Duero Crianza but do not remember the bodega. This entire meal was a very welcome change to the traditional lamb I usually do and the carrots were probably the surprise winner as far as a keeper.
No comments:
Post a Comment